- Davido named his two daughters Imade and Veronica after his mother, Late Mrs. Veronica Imade Adeleke
- Davido is one of the most charitable celebrities in Nigeria
- Davido is also an accomplished music producer. He has produced songs for celebrities like Tiwa Savage, Naeto C, Skales and Sauce Kid.
- Davido earned a music degree from Babcock after his father paid the university to start a music department for an inaugural class of one.
- Davido has released over 30 songs, 4 Album/EP and Won 28 Awards.
Who Is Davido?
David Adedeji Adeleke, popularly known as Davido , is a Nigerian singer, songwriter, and record producer, from Osun State, Ede. The 26 years old was born on November 21, 1992 To Chief Adedeji and Vero Adeleke in Atlanta, Georgia and raised in Lagos, Nigeria. His father is a Nigerian businessman and his Late Mother Veronica Imade Adeleke was a University lecturer. Davido made his music debut in 2011 as a member of the music group KB International.
Davido rose to fame in 2011 with the release of “Dami Duro”, the second single from his debut studio album Omo Baba Olowo (2012). The album also contains six additional singles: “Back When”, “Ekuro”, “Overseas”, “All of You”, “Gbon Gbon”, and “Feel Alright”. In 2012, Davido won The Headies Award for Next Rated. Between 2013 and 2015, he released the hit singles “Gobe”, “One of a Kind”, “Skelewu”, “Aye”, “Tchelete (Goodlife)” featuring Mafikizolo, “Naughty” featuring DJ Arafat, “Owo Ni Koko”, “The Sound” and “The Money” featuring Olamide.
In January 2016, Davido announced on Twitter that he signed a record deal with Sony Music. His announcement was met with mixed reactions. The record label put out a press release to confirm the deal. Few months after signing with Sony, Davido founded the Davido Music Worldwide (DMW) record label. Dremo and Mayorkun are currently signed to the label. In July 2016, Davido signed a record deal with Sony’s RCA Records. He released the 5-track EP Son of Mercy in October 2016, supported by the singles “Gbagbe Oshi”, “How Long” and “Coolest Kid in Africa”. The EP features guest appearances from Simi, Tinashe and Nasty C. Davido revealed to Pulse Nigeria in April 2017 that he renegotiated his contract with Sony due to creative control issues. He released five singles in 2017 after restructuring his contract, including “If” and “Fall”. The former generated worldwide social media activity, while the latter became the longest-charting Nigerian pop song in Billboard history