One of the most popular beans from the family of Fabaceae that has many healthy benefits is locust beans. Locust bean is a kind of bean commonly used as a spice for soups and stews. These beans are usually grown in Africa.
Besides beneficial as a spice for cooking, Locust beans is also useful for maintaining a healthy body. Locust beans is recognized both regionally and internationally
Locust bean is a perennial deciduous tree of the family Fabaceae. It is found in a wide range of environments in Africa and is primarily grown for its pods that contain both a sweet pulp and valuable seeds.
Fabaceae also known as Leguminosae, commonly known as the legume, pea, or bean family, are a large and economically important family of flowering plants. It includes trees, shrubs, and perennial or annual herbaceous plants, which are easily recognized by their fruit and their compound, stipulate leaves.
Before sharing Locust Beans Health Benefit, let me first share the nutrients that is found in it, which are listed below:
- Lipids are a necessary part of a healthy diet and the functions of lipids within your body are many. Beyond the various roles they play in the proper functioning of the body organs, lipids act as a source of energy, aid in the absorption of fat-soluble vitamins, insulate your body and provide the essential fatty acids.
- Carbohydrates are your body’s main source of energy: They help fuel your brain, kidneys, heart, muscles and central nervous system. For instance fiber is a carbohydrate that aids in digestion helps you feel full and keeps blood cholesterol levels in check.
- Fat are essential to give your body energy and to support cell growth. They also help protect your organs and help keep your body warm. Fats help your body absorbs some nutrients and produce important hormones, too. So your body definitely needs fat.
- Protein is an important building block of bones, muscles, cartilage, skin, and blood. Along with fat and carbohydrates, protein is a “macro-nutrient,” meaning that the body needs relatively large amounts of it.
- Fiber is a type of carbohydrate that the body can’t digest. most carbohydrates are broken down into sugar molecules but fiber cannot be broken down into sugar molecules, and instead it passes through the body undigested. Fiber helps regulate the body’s use of sugars, helping to keep hunger and blood sugar in check.
Healthy Benefits of Locust Beans
Controlling blood sugar levels Our body does require sugar to produce energy. But the sugar in the blood must be kept stable. Therefore, if blood sugar exceeds the limit, will lead to diabetes. Maintaining a healthy diet such as not eating foods that are too sweet and also consuming locust beans is a way to control blood sugar levels
Controlling cholesterol Stacking cholesterol can cause blockage of blood vessels, The effect will bring some heart-related diseases. In fact, the heart is a vital organ that regulates the entire system in the body.
Gain weight Getting the ideal weight possible for some people is a very difficult thing. Especially for those who want to gain weight. Sometimes many who have eaten a lot of portions but the weight is not increased. If so, try to consume locust beans. Therefore, these nuts can help gain weight naturally.
As a medicine for diarrhea Locust beans contain a nutrient called tannin. This substance works for diarrhea medicine. This is a traditional way that anyone can do. Because locust beans are very easy to find and also its side effects almost nothing compared to chemical drugs.
Heals the wounds As Internally effective as Locust beans, it can also be used as an external medicine. One of them is to treat wounds. Various wounds can be cured by using this herb. Just need to pound the beans and paste them on the wound.
Lower the fever When the fever is high, one should know how to handle it appropriately. In addition to taking febrifuge, can also use the traditional way that is by consuming locust beans.
Make vision better Consuming locust beans is also good for keeping eyesight. Especially for those who experience problems in the eyes such as minus eyes, cataracts, and so forth. Therefore, these nuts contain natural nutrients that can maintain eye health
Healthful digestion locust beans can also improve digestion. A healthy digestion will have an impact on the overall health of the body. Because the rest of the food and feces are thrown away through the feces easily. Consuming locust beans can also prevent constipation
Treating stroke Stroke is usually associated with cholesterol and high blood pressure. Therefore, should maintain health in order not to get a stroke. One of the safest and most convenient ways is to regularly consume locust beans to treat the stroke
Treating hypertension Hypertension is a high blood pressure experienced by a person. Patients with hypertension usually will experience a great headache. Even in severe conditions will cause the patient cannot wake up from his bed.
In conclusion Locust beans contain many nutrients that are needed by the body. Consuming healthy benefits of locust beans can lead to increased stomach gas. But, these symptoms will disappear and do not cause effects that are too harmful to the body.