Roli Odogwu was a 200-Level Mass Communication student, and Linda Elegethe two ladies who had left the campus on Monday to attend an evening event off-campus decided to lodge in a hotel when they realized it was too late to go back to the hostel.
It is reported that the 2 victims were asleep when the fire started from a faulty air conditioner. Late Roli and Linda were trapped for several minutes before they were rescued from the room and were rushed to Gbagada General Hospital. The victims sustained first-degree burns.
Roli died Last Saturday at 4 am and was buried at Atan Cemetery in Yaba. Then Linda, who had been in coma for six days, died on Sunday.
A close friend to victims who’s name is not revealed said she was informed about the incident by a policeman who picked up the late Roli’s call on Tuesday.
She said: “The policeman told me that the owner of the phone (Roli) and her friend were involved in a fire accident and they were unconscious. I was told they had been moved to Trauma and Burns Unit of the Gbagada General Hospital. I informed other friends and we went to the hospital. When we got there, we were not allowed to see them immediately. Three hours after, we were allowed in with their parents and other family members. Roli was conscious and responding to treatment, but Linda was still in a coma. The burns were severe and we hoped both could make it. We are deeply hurt by their death.
Folasade Olatunji, an award winning Radio/Television Presenter, Red Carpet Host, Model and Blogger who started her career with Tv3 Nigeria, operated by Disc Communication Company as a Presnter in 2006, is a Native of Ogun State, born and breed in Lagos, studied Business Administration at the Fedral Polytecnic Ilaro and recieved Diploma in Presentation at the Pencil Film Institute (PEFTI).
Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *
Notify me of follow-up comments by email.
Notify me of new posts by email.
Copyright © 2015 All Rights Reserved Shaidy's World
Designed by Devcounty