Nobody likes a girl who admits she’s hot. But luckily, I really don’t care what people think, so I’ll go right ahead and say it: I’m hot. I got lucky with my genes and wound up looking just as my name suggests. My mom is a beautiful woman, and I mostly look just like her.
That being said, I have grown up with people thinking that my life is all rainbows and sunshine. I have had people hate me purely because I look pretty. The sad thing is, they’ve hated me for things I have no control over.
Hot girls have struggles, too.
Some of you will be rolling your eyes, understandingly so. However, I think you should read more about what it’s really like to be a “hot girl” living in this day and age. There may be a few things that you’ve never thought of before.
My life has been anything but easy. Despite being a rather good-looking girl, I have been faced with a number of different struggles in my everyday life that some others may not have to deal with on a regular basis. Right now, I’m going to share with you 15 struggles of a hot girl.
1. Insecurity issues.
Girls that are hot have SO many insecurity issues. Very seldom is there a really attractive woman who feels that way about herself. The reason these women are so hot is because they work really hard to be in shape, have great skin, have long hair, and look pretty because they want to feel good about themselves.
2. High expectations.
If you’re labeled as the “hot girl,” you can never show up somewhere looking less than immaculate. People will assume that there’s something wrong or that you’re sick, and that really just SUCKS.
3. Hateful people – for no reason. Lots of women hate other women just because they’re good-looking. There’s no rhyme or reason to this, other than the fact that we are better looking than them. And most of the time, it’s not even our fault – we just got lucky! But people hate us anyways.
4. Uncertainty with our significant others.
We never know if the person we’re with likes us for who we are or because we’re super hot. Some people will be with a person just because they’re really good-looking and it makes them look better. It puts a lot of uncertainty in our minds and makes us doubt the whole relationship.
5. We don’t have things easy just because everyone thinks we get things easily. I once had someone not tip me at a restaurant because I was, “Hot and probably got a lot of tips all the time.” So I got $0 for waiting on his table.
The problem? A lot of people have that mindset, so it actually makes our lives a lot harder than those who are average-looking.
6. Workplace sexual harassment.
This is a huge problem for attractive women in the workforce and makes our days difficult. I was once told that I could no longer wear a pair of black slacks because they were “too tight on the butt” and made the male employees distracted.
7. Everyone thinks we’re stupid.
Beautiful women have the stereotype of being unintelligent. I can’t tell you how many times I’ve had a conversation with someone new and they made a comment about how surprised they were that I was so intellectual. How insulting!
8. Insecure significant others. Our boyfriends are insecure as HELL. They are in constant belief that since we’re so hot, we’re going to end up leaving them because we can get anyone we want. Really? Because if we can get anyone and yet we choose them, isn’t that a compliment on their behalf?
We have to deal with jealous boyfriends putting us down all the time in order to make themselves feel better. And I once, had to deal with a boyfriend who forbade me to wear any makeup so I wouldn’t look so attractive.
9. It’s hard to make girl friends.
Girls hate girls who are prettier than them. It’s just a fact of life. Jealousy reigns supreme and makes it really difficult for us to make girl friends – which sucks because we just want a gal to talk to and share makeup tips with.
10. People yell at us for being confident.
Just as the beginning of this article stated, hot girls are not allowed to know or say that they’re attractive. If we acknowledge our great genetics, we are immediately branded as conceited, when we could just be confident women.
11. We can’t be friends with guys who have girlfriends.
Never. And I will say that I have lost a lot of good male friends because they got girlfriends that wouldn’t let them hang out with me – not even in a group setting! It’s been the saddest thing of all for me.
12. Cat-calling is not only annoying, but frightening.
Cat-calling is irritating to the max, but it’s also scary for us. We never know if one man is going to take their cat-calling to the next level and approach us… or worse. This also relates to being afraid to walk home alone at night or go on vacation in a certain spot.
13. We can’t be successful in any way without being accused of sleeping our way to the top.
One of the worst things in the workforce for attractive women is not being able to get ahead in their career without some a**holes accusing them of sleeping with every man in charge to get there.
This might not hurt some women who are confident in their abilities, but other women might be wondering if they only got promoted because the boss liked how they looked in a pencil skirt.
Being attractive may seem like it’s all flowers and butterflies, but some people never see the storms that threaten the livelihood of a good-looking, all-around hot girl. We’re trying hard to create better relationships in the world. But we can’t do it without YOU!
– BELLA POPE