Oscar nominations were announced Today and while there is plenty to celebrate, there are, of course, plenty of snubs and surprises.
Here are my Top two snubs and three delights from the nominee list
1. Perhaps most egregiously, Straight Outta Compton failed to earn a best picture nod, or any recognition for its cast. (It did receive a nomination for best original screenplay.) In another all-white year for acting nominees, the exclusion of a quality film with a diverse cast with both critical acclaim and popular support is particularly disappointing.
2. Wiz Khalifa and Charlie Puth’s hit “See You Again” was thought to be a likely nominee for Best Original Song from many pundits, but the emotional tribute to Paul Walker from Fast and the Furious wasn’t enough for Team Oscar.
1. Lady Gaga earned her first Oscar nomination for “Til It Happens To You.” The less-ideal news: Fellow pop-star-with-pipes Miley Cyrus failed to garner a nomination for her tune-with-a-message, “Hands of Love” from Freeheld.
2. While touching Amy Winehouse-picture Amy scored a nod for best documentary (thank goodness), the well-reviewed Kurt Cobain documentary Montage of Heck did not. In Oscar history, music documentaries often struggle to get a nomination, because the nods often go to films that focus on perceived “more serious” subjects.
3. The stellar Fifty Shades of Grey soundtrack was rewarded via a nomination for The Weeknd’s “Earned It,” but fellow popular tune “Love Me Like You Do” by Ellie Goulding off the same soundtrack failed to garner a nomination. Not exactly a surprise, but it was one of the most popular songs coming out of a movie in 2015, and it did receive a Grammy and Golden Globe nod. As always, popularity doesn’t equal a gold statue.
Here’s the full Oscars Nominations list
Folasade Olatunji, an award winning Radio/Television Presenter, Red Carpet Host, Model and Blogger who started her career with Tv3 Nigeria, operated by Disc Communication Company as a Presnter in 2006, is a Native of Ogun State, born and breed in Lagos, studied Business Administration at the Fedral Polytecnic Ilaro and recieved Diploma in Presentation at the Pencil Film Institute (PEFTI).
Enuff w/ the dude shit, man. JB’s GREATEST performance was in Peter Weir’s trapmuhint film, 1993 s Fearless ! The shunning of that film Jeff by the AAS’s was laughable. That started the whole most under-appreciated actor bit 4 good cause. Only R. Perez evn got nmntd but still lost. Weir took 5 yrs off frm drctng aftr Fearless , and its’ actors, were ignored by ASS. Weir wsn’t part of Hollywood’s in-crowd . THIS award shld be MAX’s second in Oscar case!!!
Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *
Notify me of follow-up comments by email.
Notify me of new posts by email.
Copyright © 2015 All Rights Reserved Shaidy's World
Designed by Devcounty