The amazing comfy denim worn by all today was invented by Jacob Davies in 1871.
Thanks to this great innovation we all can’t probably do without – it is a life saver. Yes…. From days we just want to be comfortable to days we literally have nothing to wear, Jeans are the first piece of clothings to cross our minds. Regardless of gender, society status, age, size… it comes in various forms like, jackets, trousers, shirts, caps, shoes, bags etc.
The following are things you probably didn’t know about Jeans.
1. The oldest pair of Jean is about 150 years old.
2. In the World War II era, male jeans had zippers in front, while female zipper was placed at the right side.
3. A pair of Jean is about 2 pounds of cotton.
4. The most expensive pair of jean is about $250,000, and It’s theDussault Apparel’s Trashed Denim jeans.
5. The colour ‘indigo’ is used as dye, so as to absorb dirts.
6. Most jean zippers have the letters “YKK” imprinted on them, “Yoshida Kogyo Kabushikikaisha” ,made by a japanese manufacturer ‘ Tadao Yoshida’, that still produces the majority of the world’s jean zippers.
7. Jeans were 1st called ‘waist overalls’.
8. Jeans made by Levi Strauss & Co. always bear the orange colored thread, it’s their trade mark.
9. The inventor had cowboys and miners in mind.
10. Jeans are made from a fabric called serge, which was originally made in Nîmes, France.