The denim on denim style (or jean on jean, like it’s popularly known as around) has been trending for a while now but how well you are able to pull off the look goes a long way in showcasing the fashionista that you truly are. Here are eight tips that will help you rock the denim on denim look with style.
1. DO: Play with colors if you’re a total beginner. Before delving into shades of double blue, start out by pairing different shades of denim together, like white jeans and a blue denim jacket, or black jeans and a chambray shirt. It’s almost impossible to go wrong this way.
2. DON’T: Wear denim accessories. Keep the jeans confined to your clothing and just say no to denim shoes, a denim hat, a denim handbag, or any other accessory.
3. DO: Use denim shades to flatter or hide body parts. As a general rule, lighter shades of denim draw attention to the body parts they
cover, while darker washes create a slimming effect. For many women this means that dark denim jeans, and a lighter denim top or jacket is the most flattering way to go.
4. DON’T: Wear a denim outfit that’s all the same weight or wash.
You don’t want to look too matchy matchy.
5. DO: Distress. Something about distressed denim (ripped jean shorts or jeans) just lends itself well to the denim on denim look. So don’t be afraid to rip away.
6. DON’T: Look to Westerns for inspiration. Think of denim on denim, and images of cowboys likely come to mind, and that’s not necessarily a good thing—you don’t want to end up looking like a caricature. That means staying away from accessories like cowboy boots, cowboy hats, bolo ties, and Western belts.
7. DO: Dress up your double denim. Don’t be afraid to elevate your outfit with luxe-looking items including statement heels, a tuxedo blazer, or a fabulous red lip.
Folasade Olatunji, an award winning Radio/Television Presenter, Red Carpet Host, Model and Blogger who started her career with Tv3 Nigeria, operated by Disc Communication Company as a Presnter in 2006, is a Native of Ogun State, born and breed in Lagos, studied Business Administration at the Fedral Polytecnic Ilaro and recieved Diploma in Presentation at the Pencil Film Institute (PEFTI).
Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *
Notify me of follow-up comments by email.
Notify me of new posts by email.
Copyright © 2015 All Rights Reserved Shaidy's World
Designed by Devcounty